Crypto++ 5.5 was released on May 05, 2007. 5.5 fixed one bug, added several features
and several new classes.
The download is available from the Crypto++ website. The checksums for the download
- Original cryptopp55.zip, cryptopp55.zip.sig
- SHA-1: ac010f2e9a04fe2943d0ae81d41e3e45e58e4a4
- SHA-256: 932f4ada3aaeb5424b4165454856da361a81b4ab316fb3878335ea802146b441
Mirrors for the download are below. Note that GitHub and Sourceforge checksums on
the ZIP or TAR are different because each creates the archive from sources.
The release notes for Crypto++ 5.5 follows.
- added VMAC and Sosemanuk (with x86-64 and SSE2 assembly)
- improved speed of integer arithmetic, AES, SHA-512, Tiger, Salsa20, Whirlpool,
and PANAMA cipher using assembly (x86-64, MMX, SSE2)
- optimized Camellia and added defense against timing attacks
- updated benchmarks code to show cycles per byte and to time key/IV setup
- started using OpenMP for increased multi-core speed
- enabled GCC optimization flags by default in GNUmakefile
- added blinding and computational error checking for RW signing
- changed RandomPool, X917RNG, GetNextIV, DSA/NR/ECDSA/ECNR to reduce the risk of
reusing random numbers and IVs after virtual machine state rollback
- changed default FIPS mode RNG from AutoSeededX917RNG<DES_EDE3> to
- fixed PANAMA cipher interface to accept 256-bit key and 256-bit IV
- moved MD2, MD4, MD5, PanamaHash, ARC4, WAKE_CFB into the namespace "Weak"
- removed HAVAL, MD5-MAC, XMAC